should i be worried? after playing soccer, i started feeling dizzy, then at least thirty minutes later i started feeling rapid beating in my chest but it was not my heart, then i got the chills. i have gone to the e.r three times and to a heart specialist

24 years experience Psychiatry
Hello. : Hello. I wouldn't say not to worry yourself because obviously, you are very bothered by your symptoms. Since the doctors you have seen indicated that the episodes were likely panic attacks, this would be a good place to start. With panic attacks, you can become very anxious. You may have shortness of breath and feel chest tightness or pain. Often the heart rate is rapid and the heart beat may be pounding. Nausea is not uncommon. There can be tingling of fingertips or around the lips. You may get lightheaded or dizzy. You may feel like you need to get out of where ever you are at or fear that you are about to die. Panic attacks won't kill a person but they can be horrible. A panic attack is nothing to be embarassed about. It is just as much a medical problem as an ulcer or a broken leg. I am not diagnosing you. If that is what it is, it is treatable. Consider seeing a psychiatrist - right now your symptoms are hurting you quality of life.I am glad that you wrote in. Take care.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
1