What is the best way to heal childhood sexual trauma and trapped emotions in the body? #nqlu i am just unfolding the effects of the incest and childhood sexual trauma i had as a pre-teen on my emotions and my body. i feel like i have emotions trapped in m

Hello. : Hello. Often time the best way to heal is with a patchwork approach. Because you are experiencing physical, emotional and spiritual pain you may find yoga and meditation helpful. There are some medical acupuncture protocols which could be especially helpful (auricular trauma protocol, temporal fan, seven dragons). I suggest that you don't totally discount counseling or group therapy for trauma survivors (or medications if needed).One thing to be aware of is that once you open up the box, the pace may accelerate quickly. If you become overwhelmed, please consider getting professional help. Take care.
Dr. Ricardo Fontillas
Child Psychiatry 37 years experience
Long road ahead: You cant do this alone! You need someone who specializes in sexual trauma. One on one therapy is the way to go. Good luck. Also Propranolol has been shown to help others with this problem but it must be worked out with therapy alsol

Last updated Oct 3, 2016