can i have a new dental crown replaced? i have a crown that's a month old, and structurally it's fine, but i just don't like the way it looks. the shade isn't quite right, and i think the way it lines up with the rest of my teeth is a bit off. i don't kno

Dr. Jonathan Scharf
Cosmetic Dentistry 49 years experience
You're : You're certainly not stuck. Dentistry today offers materials and technology to make crowns both functional and esthetic. Although there may be certain limitations in any situation where a compromise may be necessary, you should be satisfied with the way it looks and it's alignment, discuss this with your dentist, seek a second opinion if you're not happy, but crowns can be remade. Under some cicumstances there are risks but again your dentist can explain them to you.
Dr. Michael Wollock
Dentistry 29 years experience
Troy, Sure, : Troy, sure, you can get the crown remade, pretty much the same way it was made the first time. You really need to decide what you don't like about it and address each issue with your dentist. This is really a question of cost vs. Quality esthetics. These two things rarely go together. Hope this is helpful, michael i. Wollock, dmd, agd fellow dentistry at suburban square 610-649-0313 www.Dentistryatsuburban square.Com.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
As : As dr scharf advised, it can be remade and should be made so that you are happy. Were you given a mirror to look at the crown before it was cemented in your mouth i always give my patients a mirror so that they can give me their approval. Before your dentist inserts your new crown, take a look and make sure you are happy.
Dr. Lee Patalowski
Specializes in Dentistry
A : A suggestion for the future would be to look at the crown in different types of light, indoors and outdoors. Crowns appear different in each lighting situation. When I have a question, i will temporarily cement the crown and re-evaluate in 1 week after the patient sees it for a week in all situations.
Dr. Anthony Zalis
Specializes in Dentistry
You : You can definitely have the crown replaced and make a new one that has a better shade match.
Dr. Victor Zeines
Dentistry 51 years experience
Of course: The idea is for you to be happy with the work you received...Replacing this should not be a problem.
Dr. Robert Tupac
Specializes in Prosthodontics
Yes: Next time be sure to approve it before it is placed on your tooth.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016