Can two virgins get an std? My partner and i are both virgins and don't do drugs. We had unprotected oral sex, although semen was never passed. Should we get tested for an std? Is it possible for us to get an std? Also, i know he got the HIV shot the day

Dr. Joy Jackson
18 years experience in Family Medicine
If : If it was the first time that either of you had oral sex then the odds of you giving or getting an std should be zero. However, you must have complete confidence in your partner, and if there is any doubt, then there may be some risk, albeit small. On the other hand i believe you are referring to the hpv vaccine, and the fact that he had it recently has no direct affect on you, except lessening your chance of contracting a harmful strain of the hpv virus at some point from him in the future (in theory). You should also consider getting the hpv vaccination series for your protection. All the best.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016