Why does my boyfriend's leg twitch when his adrenaline starts pumping? It's happened for a while and we can't figure out why but whenever his adrenaline starts going (like he knows something bad is about to happen or he is racing *cough cough*) his leg tw

24 years experience in Psychiatry
His : His autonomic nervous system dumps a number of hormones into his system when he is this excited. This is very much like the fright/ flight response that a cave man might have had when he came face to face with a wolly mammoth. There is a great deal of excitation and energy which is translated into his legs becoming restless.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016