Is neuropothy usually painful? i have been diagnosed with it in both my lower legs. for the last week i have been suffering horrible pain in both my feet and my legs now too. could this be something related to the neuropothy or could this be something mor

Dr. Howard Fox
Podiatry 42 years experience
I : I have answered another poster regarding painful neuropathy, and i'm attaching the link to that answer below. I'm assuming, like with the previous poster, that you are a diabetic, only because diabetes is the most common cause of neuropathy these days. It's not the only cause, so if i missed the mark, please let me know and i'll try to give you an answer more fitting the cause of your neuropathy.
Dr. Douglas Miller
Pathology 41 years experience
Peripheral : Peripheral neuropathies are often quite painful, indeed. If you have been previously diagnosed with neuropathy, assuming it was not called "pure motor neuropathy", and now you have this pain in your feet and legs, it is very likely the neuropathy that is causing the pain. There are drugs which may help you. See a neurologist (perhaps you already have, that is how you know you have neuropathy) and see if Neurontin (gabapentin) or a related medication will help.

Last updated Dec 25, 2018