have i ground down to the insides of my teeth due to bruxism? i've noticed recently that i can see what i think is a different layer of my teeth due to nightly grinding due to bruxism. the teeth don't hurt, but they do look different.

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
It : It is very possible that you have, especially if the color is a little darker. Consult with a trusted dentist in your area to determine what can be done to protect those teeth and the others you have from further damage. A bruxism guard could be the answer for you.
Dr. G Funari
Dr. G Funari answered
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
In : In addition to the information provided above, teeth worn down due to bruxism will exhibit flattening of their chewing surfaces.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016