Pain in my left wrist in between the joints. barely touch my wrist almost puts me in tears. from time to to i get a lump on my w work in the kitchen at a residents home lifting and pushing flats of dishes through a dishwasher, twisting and jarring my wris

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Hand Surgery 35 years experience
There : There could be a new injury or an old one between the joints is a very vague description' the lump may be secondary to inflammtion from an injury or a sign of chronic swelling from an old injury ie it could be an old ligament, injury and old fracture of a bone such as the scaphoid. It could be arthritis. Its too hard to tell based upon the story. One common problem is a ganglion which are not typiically painful when they are large. Tendinitis or gout can be very painful at times and can prsent with a lump form swelling as well it sounds like you need to see a hand surgeon and be evaluated and get some xrays.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016