Is it ok to give my 2 year old breast milk since i just birthed his brother a week ago? my son is 2 years and 2 months old and now that he is a big brother he wants to have what his brother is having when i breast feed him. i tried very hard to breast fee

Dr. Marius Wechsler
There : There is nothing unhealthy about your breast milk for your 2 yr. Old. I would recommend that you offer it in a cup though, as there is no reason to encourage your toddler to believe he should be treated the same as a newborn. Some regression in behavior is common when a new baby arrives, but it should not be encouraged. Instead shower your 2 yr. Old with praise for being the very important "big brother.".
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Pulmonology 36 years experience
Whole milk: Provide whole milk and explain why his baby brother needs breast milk for his growth and development.

Last updated Jul 27, 2019