i have an impacted tooth and major innflamation causing me major amounts of pain but cannot afford to go see a doctor what to do my teeth are really messed up ie:missing broken infected.

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
You : You obviously realize that you need to see a dentist asap. A web search of free or discounted clinics in your area will give you all of your options. Follow the link below for a place to start.
Dr. Chad Gretzula
Specializes in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
I : I agree with theodore as he stated you really need to go see a dentist asap. If you have an infection then an antibiotic may be needed. I understand the financial end as well and if you can find a free clinic or dental school or residency, they may be able to take care of you for a minimal charge or even free. If you can't there are many sites that help people out for tooth pain and there are many home therapies you can try. Toothaches are a common problem and are usually evidence of tooth decay. Which you stated many are. Toothaches take place when the tooth pulp becomes inflamed due to an infection or decay. The various reasons of toothaches are attributed to decay, harmful bacteria in the mouth and tooth cavity. Some important tips to keep toothaches at bay, again these are some tried and true home therapies but some if not all may not work. You should still try your best to get to see a dentist! 1. Rinsing the mouth with warm salted water is an effective way of getting rid of harmful bacteria and providing instantaneous relief to the ache. 2. A wet teabag also brings about relief from the painful and aching symptoms of a toothache. Placing a wet tea bag on the sore tooth is very useful. A frozen tea bag is also beneficial for the same. 3. Applying clove oil on to the sore tooth is a good way of bringing down the pain and also getting rid of any form of tooth infection. Clove oil is believed to be an effective home remedy as it possesses eugenol, which is a naturally occurring substance found in cloves, with pain killing and antibacterial properties. To make an effective compress with the essential oil, blend a couple of drops of pure clove oil with a few drops of olive oil. Dip a clean cotton ball into this solution and place the gauze beside the tooth for instant relief. 4. One of the most effective forms of toothache respite is garlic. A slightly warmed clove of garlic with a pinch of salt must be placed on the sore aching tooth. This will bring about instant relief, and herbalists believe that garlic also has the power of curing tooth inflammation. Folk remedy therapists are of the opinion that in order to maintain good teeth health, a clove of garlic must be chewed slowly every morning to bring about strong and healthy teeth. 5. Placing an ice cube on the sore area is also efficient in allaying toothaches as it overcomes the pain pulsations that usually move along the nerve tracts. Ice cubes as a toothache remedy usually have a 70 to 80 percent success rate. However, take care not to place the ice cube directly on the tooth for too long, as it may cause damage to the tooth enamel, tissue and nerves. 6. Biting into a small raw onion also helps to ease the toothache. Onion juice is an excellent treatment for tooth aches and must be had before bedtime in order to prevent the pain from disturbing you at night. I hope some of these remedies help until you get to see a dentist, good luck!
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Can't afford not to: You are describing major infections. They will not go away by themselves, and there's no diy "cure". You must see a dentist before the infections spread even more. Can be life threatening. Call local er to ask for availability of emergency dental services. Check with closest dental school. I assume if you can't afford health care that you also can't afford a computer or computer services.
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
Pain Management 36 years experience
Call dental society: In many areas, free dental clinics are available for low-income people. Call your local dental society for more information.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016