I use 50spf in the morning under my makeup. if i don't go in the sun until later in the day, 3:00, is the spf still in effect? sometimes as i drive, the sun is on my face for ten, fifteen minutes. i wonder if i need to re-apply the sunscreen for it to be

Dr. James Seward
Dermatology 22 years experience
Typically : Typically the sunscreen will have lost much of its effectiveness and should be reapplied in the afternoon. It depends on whether the sunscreen is a chemical or physical sunscreen, etc. I recommend the elta md sunscreens because they are elegant physical sunscreens that seem to work well for my patients. I hope that helps!

Last updated Oct 3, 2016