should i go to the dentist at any sign of a toothache? i've had a couple different teeth that have slightly ached for a day or so over the past year, but nothing more than that. i tend to forget about them soon after they;re done aching. should i make a p

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
There : There is nothing better than having peace of mind knowing you are healthy. Just because something doesn't hurt doesn't mean everything is fine. An exam, radiographs, and a thorough cleaning will keep you on the right track for a healthy and attractive smile.
Dr. Jonathan Scharf
Cosmetic Dentistry 49 years experience
Oftentimes : Oftentimes a patient will come in with your symptoms (or for that matter, any problem) having been experienced before the appointment but not while they are in the office. Unless something jumps out during an exam or x-ray it may be difficult to diagnose the problem if there is one. I always prefer that the patient is having the issue while they are in the office so that i can clearly focus on its origin. I strongly suggest that you go for an evaluation anyway, but try to see your dentist while you are experiencing the problem. This is usually the best way to figure out what's going on.
Dr. Howard Fraiman
Prosthodontics 32 years experience
Yes : Yes if you have a toothache you should have a dentist check it.
Dr. David Block
Dentistry 22 years experience
Yes. : Yes. In fact it is generally better to be seen prior to having symptoms. Your issues could stem form a myriad of issues including gum disease, bite problems, grinding, decay....
Dr. Jonathan Stone
Dentistry 30 years experience
Although : Although teeth can become sensitive to temperature changes, and this can be normal, an ache in the teeth should be addressed by a dentist. As i say, it may be nothing, but it may be cavities that are growing in some parts of the teeth, and do need treatment.
Dr. Shurong Cao
Pediatric Dentistry 29 years experience
You : You should go to a dentist and get comprehensive exam to rule out any major issues with your teeth.