how do i pick a surgeon for asian eyelid surgery? should i focus only on surgeons who specialize in asian eyelid surgery? or is it similar enough to regular blepharoplasty that i can use someone who specializes in that but not necessarily asian eyes?

Dr. Saied Asfa
Plastic Surgery 29 years experience
The : The surgeon who has enough training to perform asian blepharoplasty( eyelid surgery) and also has performed good numbers of that surgery with good post op results. ( always ask to see the pre and post operative pictures!).
Dr. Ron Pelton
Facial Plastic Surgery 37 years experience
You : You should first focus on a surgeon who specializes in eyelid surgery (an oculoplastic surgeon). Look at the american society of ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgeons (asoprs) website at www.Asoprs.Org to find one near you. There are not that many who "specialize" in asian lid surgery but if you find one, interview him before you sign up for surgery.
Dr. Otto Placik
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
You : You should pick your doctor the way you would pick any other doctor. Verify credentials and hospital affiliations. Get referrals from other trusted medical professionals. Meet with at least 2 or 3 and discuss your concerns and expectations.
Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 24 years experience
Asian blepharoplasty: Have your eyelids evaluated by a board certified surgeon with expertise in these procedures. Having a lot of experience in Asian blepharoplasty is a plus.