I am refusing to have a mammogram and now my nurse practitioner is refusing to refill my estradoil because of my decision. i had a hysterectomy at 26 and have been taking estrogen since. if i don't take it i have severe night sweats, hot flashes and feel

Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery 23 years experience
Please get mammogram: Hormone use can put you at increased risk for breast cancer so it is important that you get a mammogram. I don't know your age or how long you've been taking the medicine. The recommendation is not to take hormones for more than 5 years. There are some non hormone options to help manage the hot flashes.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016