why is my middle knuckle swollen? three days ago i noticed my finger was really red and slightly swollen and today it is slightly more swollen not to much but deffinately noticeable. it only hurts when i make a fist and upon release it stings under the sk

Dr. James Seward
Dermatology 22 years experience
Hard : Hard to tell without a clinical picture, but perhaps this is dyshidrotic eczema, which is very common on the hands. I assume you are talking about the skin and not the actual joint? Please read more about eczema and treatment options below. I hope that helps.