Is injection the only way to use hyaluronidase? i prefer not to receive injections near my eyes and was hoping that there was a type of hyaluronidase that did not require an injection. is there a cream or gel that i could use instead?

Dr. Julio Garcia
Plastic Surgery 42 years experience
You : You are speaking of injecting hyaluronic acid fillers to plump up the skin and nothing topcical will penetrate the skin, if it was apply to penetrate, then the hyaluronic acid that normally occurs in your skin would be able to leak out and it does not do that. Hyaluronidase is an injection used to dissolve areas of over injected hyaluronic acid fillers.
Dr. Mia Skourtis
Plastic Surgery 23 years experience
Hyaluronidase : Hyaluronidase is an enzyme that can be injected to dissolve hyaluronic acid, which is the structural component of injectable fillers such as juvederm and restylane (dermal fillers). By injecting hyaluronidase directly into the site of filler injection, the effects of the filler can be reversed as the filler dissolves. There is no way to apply a topical formulation to dissolve your filler, and injection must be directly into the site of your filler. The Hyaluronidase Injection is a much lower volume than the filler injection, and is typically quite comfortable and well tolerated. All the best, dr. Skourtis.
Dr. Ron Pelton
Facial Plastic Surgery 37 years experience
Hyaluronidase : Hyaluronidase is an enzyme that degrades hyaluronic acid (hyaluronan), a naturally occuring component of the extracellular matrix - the scaffolding that surrounds all our cells. It is also the major part of many injectable fillers such as juvederm and restylane (dermal fillers). I know of no effective topical hyaluronidase products. Injectable hyaluronidase has been used quite safely for years around the eyes by ophthalmologists. It is no more risky than injecting Botox around the eyes...A technique that is done daily thousands of times.
Dr. Jay Bradley
LASIK Surgery 18 years experience
Hyaluronidase: I am not sure why you would inject this under the eyes. I think you mean hyaluronic acid which is found in dermal filler. They do make topical formulations but they are much less effective at obtaining your goals.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016