Will the effects of my sculptra treatments be permanent? I am a little hesitant to get this procedure done because I am scared that i will not like the results. Will the new look i get after having sculptra treatments last forever or will I have the oppor

Dr. Charles Chalekson
28 years experience in Plastic Surgery
Great : Great question. Sculptra is designed to replace the volume loss in the face associated with aging. After treatment, you will continue to age and lose volume over time. I consider sculptra to be semi-permanent, and therefore would be cautious in making sure you did not receive more treatment to an area you don't want improvement in. If you ultimately do not like a treatment, you cannot remove it and is not expected to go away or dissolve like Restylane (dermal fillers) or juvederm in a predictable fashion since the product causes your own body to create its own filler to the area that is being treated.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
1