Just from moving my hand back and forth on my head. i lose about 50-60 hairs. what can i do to stop this or is it normal? my dad is kind of bald, but that is only baldness in family

Dr. James Seward
Dermatology 22 years experience
This : This is tricky to answer without seeing a picture. A normal person loses about 100 to 150 hairs per day, but they are replaced as hair grows anew out of a hair follicle. If you are worried about androgenetic alopecia (male-pattern baldness), i would see a dermatologist for a baseline so that you can compare over time and then begin treatment if desired. Some other common causes of hair loss are discussed below. I hope that helps.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016