chest pain from medication? i was given desyrel for depression and insomnia. i took 50 mg and had horrible chest pain for around 12 hours straight and my heart felt like it was pounding out of my chest. i probably woke up about a dozen times during the n

If : If you are still experiencing the chest pain and rapid heart rate, get immediate care at the emergency room. If you need to, call 911. Stop taking the desyrel (trazodone). Make sure your prescribing doctor is aware of this adverse reaction. Both of these side effects have been reported with Desyrel (trazodone) but are not common.
Dr. Patrick Tapia
Could be medicine: I think all psychiatric medicines could produce unusual sensations in the chest and trazodone is no exception. I think that the potential for hypotension with trazodone can contribute to unusual somatic experiences. Although it may have been a fluke i would talk with your prescribing doctor about what you experienced! stay safe!