Should i be concerned about my vaginal discharge? i had my period on the regular scheduled day, and even after the cycle was complete i noticed i was still having discharge. the discharge is a dark, thick, reddish brown color and isn't coming out heavy.

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engravanswered
Emergency Medicine 31 years experience
Yes, : Yes, that is abnormal. You need to be seen and be tested. It may be that your period is abnormal because your hormones are fluctuating, but you should be screened for infection, and also please be sure that your pap smear is up to date. If you develop any pain, fever, or vomiting then please be seen as an emergency.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016