aort stenosis aortic stenosis at child

Dr. Joshua Buckler
Cardiology 19 years experience
I : I am not exactly sure what your question is but would be happy to help if you could provide more information. You are likely referring to congenital aortic stenosis which is caused by abnormal formation of the valve leaflets of the aortic valve which is the last valve that blood passes through as it leaves the heart. A normal valve has 3 leaflets (tricuspid) but abnormal valves with only 2 leaflets (bicuspid, affecting up to 1% of the population) or 1 leaflet (unicuspid) are recognized.
Dr. Creighton Wright
General Surgery 56 years experience
Bicuspid valve: Is common, and can progress over life. Likely to need replacement over time, when followed by echo and cardiology.