staph infection or fungus for months i had a lesion on top of my head where i fell & hit the blacktop. it did not get better but near the 1st of dec it started running and hair falling out in large chunks. i also started having an ear infection.with no i

2 doctor answers
Dr. James Seward
21 years experience Dermatology
This : This is really difficult to answer without clinically seeing the areas. I would recommend a trip to the dermatologist who can perform both a bacterial and fungal culture of the lesions and/or differentiate the lesions from other possibilities. This should help you arrive at a more definitive diagnosis and help get the proper treatment started. I hope that helps.
Answered on Mar 18, 2019
Dr. Payam Rafat
21 years experience Podiatry
Have it evaluated.: Hair falling out in large chunks is not normal... Have it evaluated.
Answered on Oct 2, 2016