I have a growth just below my waistline and in top of pubic area. my wife says its an ingrown hair. it gets irritated and itchy i had it awhile ago and it went away.now its back.its like a huge hard pimple. i poked it with a needle using peroxide to keep

Dr. James Seward
Dermatology 22 years experience
It : It is certainly possible that this is an ingrown hair or small cyst. Other possibilities include follicullitis (bacterial infection of hair follicle), small cyst, and molluscum contagiosum. Perhaps try a Benzoyl Peroxide Gel or wash to the area for a few days. Hopefully it will slowly resolve but if it doesn't improve, consider seeing a dermatologist for further evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment options (such as antibiotic, drainage, removal, etc. Assuming it is a cyst/boil).

Last updated Oct 3, 2016