does stress cause hair to grey? i am 35, and already have a lot of greying hair. is this normal? is it due to stress?

Dr. Steven Seres
I : I think you might ask a dermatologist (skin doctor) for their opinion on this, but i've always found it interesting how much our presidents' hair grays from the start to end of their terms. I think the fact is that stress can cause this, but the strongest determinant is likely genetic.
Dr. Barry Cohen
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
Can be stress: Or genetics i was greying at 18 my 17 year old son has dozens already.
Graying of hair is: related to genetic predisposition. Age of initial graying is largely a matter of genetics. However stressors: nutritional deficiencies, chemotherapy, traumatic head injuries, low vitamin B levels, zinc deficiency, severe illness, surgery & marked emotional stress may impact earlier depigmentation in people who are already predisposed to gray hair. Aging is a significant factor. In general –