My boyfriend has twice experienced a numbness in his thighs to his calves, then severe back and gut pain and pain in pelvis area lasts about five minutes and then he is fine. he was sitting in a chair and this came on. in october, we had been on a car ri

Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery 35 years experience
This : This should be evaluated as soon as possible. The fact that he has problems on both lower extremities at the same time is highly suggestive of spinal cord involvement. Pelvic or perineal pain is suggestive of a cauda equina syndrome. That is problems around the L1 level of the spine. Collapsing while walking is a red flag in my book. The fact that he is 60 brings with is the possibility of a carcinoma with metastasis to the spine. See a doctor as soon as possible and get an MRI of the spine urgently.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016