need a prescription for lotrel 10/20 mg filled. no refills left and no med insurance.can i get a refill w/our dr. visit? i monitor my blood pressure daily.. i have run out of my lotrel and have requested one more refill from my previous doctor, but have n

Dr. Laura McMullen
Call : Call your doctor and explain the situation. See what they suggest. Depending on your other health issues and what the doctor needs to check before re-issuing your medication, they might be able to do a "nurse visit" for a blood pressure check and medication prescription - cheaper than a doctor's visit. Many offices also offer discounts to people paying out of pocket. Just ask.
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 44 years experience
Lotrel is expensive-it's not a good medicine if you have to pay out of pocket. Ask your doctor to switch you to lisinopril/HCT: it's equally effective, generic, and will cost $4 a month at Walmart.
Dec 19, 2013
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 44 years experience
Insanely expensive: Lotrel (amlodipine and benazepril) 10/20 costs $242 for 30. It is a combination of Benazepril and amlodipine. Lisinopril which is the same type of med as Benazepril costs $4 for 30. Amlodipine alone costs $80 for 30 but lisinoprilhct ( Lisinopril plus hydrochlorthiazide instead of amlopdipine) costs only $4 for 30. Call your doctor and ask for a new prescription. Is there a free clinic near you? Are you a veteran?

Last updated Oct 3, 2016