scratch on face hello, i scratched my face by squeezing and rubbing an ingrown pimple with a warm face cloth. i have been applying neosporin, viatmin e and now maderma and still have a dark mark on my face. it has been 2 weeks now. please help.

Dr. James Seward
21 years experience Dermatology
I : I would recommend that you get this evaluated if it doesn't resolve in the next week or so. It is common for lesions to leave dark marks temporarily but they should fade over time (sometimes it can take several weeks or longer). But, sometimes other skin lesions such as growths, skin cancer, etc. Can mimic acne. If it is acne, you might need treatment such as an acne gel or antibiotic or possibly this lesion is not an acne lesion? In the meantime, the creams that you are applying probably are fine, although most dermatologists don't recommend neosporin because it tends to cause skin allergy in quite a few patients.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016