scratch on face hello, i scratched my face by squeezing and rubbing an ingrown pimple with a warm face cloth. i have been applying neosporin, viatmin e and now maderma and still have a dark mark on my face. it has been 2 weeks now. please help.

Dr. James Seward
Dermatology 22 years experience
I : I would recommend that you get this evaluated if it doesn't resolve in the next week or so. It is common for lesions to leave dark marks temporarily but they should fade over time (sometimes it can take several weeks or longer). But, sometimes other skin lesions such as growths, skin cancer, etc. Can mimic acne. If it is acne, you might need treatment such as an acne gel or antibiotic or possibly this lesion is not an acne lesion? In the meantime, the creams that you are applying probably are fine, although most dermatologists don't recommend neosporin because it tends to cause skin allergy in quite a few patients.
Dr. Michael Menachof
Facial Plastic Surgery 36 years experience
Leave It Alone: Sometimes less is more. It started because you irritated it and now continues to be irritated because you can't leave it alone. Don't do anything for the next few weeks and it will probably get better on its own. Sometimes we do too much trying to help the body do what it does best on its own.