is this normal for my situation or is something to worry about? i was diagnosed with a bleeding ovarian cyst on monday of this past week and was told the cyst wasn't very big and that it wasn't bleeding very much. they were not worried about and told me i

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav answered
Emergency Medicine 31 years experience
Pepto : Pepto bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) can cause the stool to look abnormal. It is unlikely for a cyst to cause blood in the stool, even if it is bleeding, although endometriosis can cause that. If you have another bloody stool, have increased pain, vomiting, or feel light-headed or faint, then you must be seen as an emergency.
Dr. Peter Liehr
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Ovarian Cyst: I explain to my patients that every month, for most women, the ovary (left or right) makes an egg. An egg is a cyst. When the egg is released (ovulation) some fluid is spilled too. Sometimes the cyst wall where the egg comes out will bleed a bit. Most of the time this just hurts a little more than normal but nothing else really need be done.
Pathology 49 years experience
Agree with Dr. L: During reproductive years, women develop an ovarian cyst each month and there may be bleeding in it. Do you have any symptoms?

Last updated Mar 12, 2019