Hand foot and mouth disease also known as hfmd?/ okay so i noticed my 4 year old daughter had bumps on the side of her hand an that was in october sometime..then a few days after i notice that it started to go all over her body so i took her to her doctor

Dr. Joy Jackson
HFMD : Hfmd is caused by a virus, cocksackie virus to be exact. The characteristic lesions can be painful, especially the ones inside the mouth. They practically never cause itching. Also any associated symptoms and the actual lesions typically last only 7-10 days. The fact that this has been present for over a month and also because you are affected points to a different diagnosis. If you have lesions in between your fingers then scabies is a real possibility. I recommend you see your own doctor for a diagnosis, and then have your child follow up with her provider. If you are not satisified, you can always request a second opinion. Good luck.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016