my husband has had three colonoscopy in the last 4.5 years. benin polyps were removed during the first two colonoscopy. after his last colonoscopy his md said he did not need another colonoscopy for 5 years. is this safe to wait 5 years before his next

Dr. Joy Jackson
Your : Your husband's doctor has made this judgement based on the previous colonoscopies that yielded benign polyps. 5 years for a follow up seems very reasonable, especially given the fact that polpys are very slow growing. If before his next scheduled colonoscopy he has rectal pain, rectal bleeding or even abdominal pain he should be re-evaluated by the GI doctor or his primary care physician.
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Colon and Rectal Surgery 15 years experience
Sure: Can't tell you without seeing the report, but this is a very plausible scenario given the history you are describing.