What is the ideal temperature for a hot tub? my thermostate runs from 82-104. my friend says it should be set at 104 for to keep it clean, but i think that's danagerous for my health. please clarify this matter for us.

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engravanswered
Emergency Medicine 31 years experience
The : The thermostat you are running it at is appropriate. Too warm can cause patients to feel light--headed or pass out. Warm water can grow bacteria, but typical cleaning/chlorine that you perform for hot tub maintenance will take care of that.
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Common sense : Probably not the right forum, but you are presenting a question that will need goals prioritized and clarified. The technical book or the manufacturer should give you a range of safe temperatures, everything else remains a matter of beliefs and choice for you. Would suggest in the recommended range the temperature that works best for you.

Last updated Oct 13, 2019