Had surgery done on my foot, had a car accident, is it possible my foot can be re-injured on impact? i had surgery done on august 30th 2011, i recently took xrays and my doctor said that the bone has been healed. i had an accident on october 29th 2011 and

Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery 35 years experience
It : It is hard to give you any details without an assessment of the case but in general terms i would say that yes you may reinjure yourself in a motor vehicle accident.
Dr. Bahman Omrani
Pain Management 17 years experience
the x-ray will show bones, but if you injured tendons and ligaments, need a good exam followed by an MRI to determine if there is re-injury or a new injury to the foot.
Apr 1, 2013
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 35 years experience
Injury: It is always possible to re-injure something. Hopefully this one will not require surgery. Speak to your podiatrist who will guide you

Last updated Mar 18, 2019