How early can little girls start there cycle? my daughter just turned 8 on 24 of june , shortly after her b-day she started misbehaving, tantrums , mood swings, out bursts of hysteria screeming"u just don't understand , what's wrong with me mommy?" " i do

Dr. Laura McMullen
Precocious : Precocious puberty (early puberty) is any evidence of puberty in a girl younger than 8 or a boy younger than 9. This is usually first explored with a history, physical, a study of your child's growth chart and possibly a bone age. A bone age is an x-ray - typically of the child's wrist - to show whether the child is maturing and growing faster, slower or on time with their actual age. All this information can help tell whether the child is developing normally after all and should just be watched or whether they should have further work-up to determine if there is a hormone problem causing the early puberty. If you are still concerned, speak with your child's pediatrician again. If you are not satisfied with their answer, then a pediatric endocrinologist is the specialist that handles the work-up, diagnosis and treatment of these problems.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics 50 years experience
It's unclear to me : If she had vaginal bleeding, since your ? Was cut off. If so, ask her pediatrician to determine if she's in the stage of puberty in which menarche occurs. If not, the bleeding & emotionality may indicate molestation or other issues. Even if bleeding/puberty aren't an issue, she needs evaluations by a child psychiatrist & psychologist to explore the sudden change in behavior.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016