i have extreme stomach/abdominal bloating with the bloating more focused on the left side. there is also a stabbing pain the stabbing pain in upper left quadrant. came on sudden

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engravanswered
Emergency Medicine 31 years experience
Any : Any abdominal pain can be concerning. If you had sudden onset of abdominal pain, keep a very close eye on it. While patient's often associate pain with gas or indigestion, other possibilities include serious bowel or kidney problems. If it is severe, worsening, if you have fever, vomiting, or can't eat and drink, or have changes in urination, then you must seen emergency care.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management 27 years experience
See MD: If pain is severe, or worsening, or if you have fever, vomiting, or can't eat and drink, or have changes in urination, then you must seek emergency care.