U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

My son is 14 has bad anger issues need to find a good psychitrist for me and all my four children to work as a whole i am a young mother of four the oldest 14 i was with their father 15 yrs but he is active in our lives with his girlfriend i was in rehabs

3 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Pauline Sheehan
Adolescent Medicine 40 years experience
Congratulations! : Congratulations! for your amazing efforts to stay clean for 1 1/2 years and for recognizing that -your son bad anger issues- (which was your presenting problem) it is not only his problem but rather a reflexion of an entire family illness and as such, you are looking for mental health care for thw whole family. As you well know, mental health resources are limited everywhere in the country. Every state organizes its resources differently. I practice in massachusetts, far from where you are. I would suggest that you start by asking your primary care provider (pcp)or the children providers will have lists of local resources where to referr you and your family. Often, local hospitals, social services agencies and department of children and families might be able to give you guidance. Best of luck.
Dr. Holly Maes
Pediatrics 36 years experience
Ask your doc: A really good place to start is to ask your doctor who there is locally. Another option is to contact your insurance carrier and find out who they cover in your area. Even if you are on a medical card in your state, there is a number to call to help refer you to specialists, and for many states, they have specific case workers if your child needs mental health help to get you linked with someone.
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Pediatrics 41 years experience
Anger management: Agree u should ask his pediatrician for a referral. Alos, regular meditation helps. Have him do yoga daily. Also if u have anger issues u need to learn to control it so ur kids do not see u venting it at them. They learn form adults how to cope wiht anger.
Dr. Nilda Vergara
undefined 48 years experience
Please talk to pediatrician first, anger issues vary in meaning according to degree, situation and family programing (i.e.: if father reacts the same way towards same or similar situations) i think that if the case needs psychological/psychiatric help, you also will have to be thought how to handle the anger of your kid, but before be advised by his pediatrician .Talk to his teachers.
Feb 15, 2014

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.