What is the treatment/procedure for a case of carpo tunnel? i broke this arm a few years ago.. i think i have a bad case of carpo tunnel.. i have fluid in my left wrist, lots of pain and limited mobility

Dr. Francis Dysarz
Hand Surgery 29 years experience
Numbness : Numbness and tingling in a hand that awakens you from sleep at night is the hallmark of "carpal" tunnel syndrome (cts). If you don't have that, you probably don't have cts. Your left wrist needs to be examined by a hand specialist and x-rayed to get a diagnosis and treatment. You could have arthritis or one of many other problems in that wrist based upon your brief description.
Dr. Brian Chimenti
Sports Medicine 27 years experience
I : I agree with the other physician. Your symptoms are more consistent with inflammation and possibly arthritis from your previous injury. Carpal tunnel syndrome causes pain, but commonly also numbness and tingling in the thumb, index, middle, and half of your ring finger. You should seek an evaluation and xr to figure out what is causing your symptoms.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016