A male asked:

What preparations should a patient make before eyelid surgery? I am getting eyelid surgery done in a few weeks to correct saggy upper eyelid skin that impedes my vision. What specific things should I do to prepare for it now, and what supplies should I ha

Dr. Robert Steely
27 years experience in Plastic Surgery
Proper : Proper preparation before your blepharoplasty surgery will help smooth your recovery afterward. In my practice, I am a strong advocate of not taking any medications that can interfere with blood clotting such as asprin, aleve, (naproxen) Motrin or advil for at least ten days before surgery. A more comprehensive list should be available from your surgeon. I also have patients prepare small ziplock baggies full of frozen peas(!) to use as compresses after surgery. The small shape of the peas conform well to the face, and the compresses help bruising. Your surgeon may also want you to use natural tears or lacriilube ointment after your procedure. Good luck!
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
2