i'm having a problem opening my left eye when i wake up in the morning. this has been going on for about 3 months. i don't know what the problem is. should i see my regular doctor or should i see an eye specialist?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Inna Ozerov
22 years experience Ophthalmology
It : It is possibly you might have inflammation of the lids, known as blepharitis. It's a non-infectious, inflammatory type of condition. You need to see your eyecare professional for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Tim Conrad
33 years experience Ophthalmology
Eye specialist: You should see an ophthalmologist to evaluate your eyelid function. There are several possible reasons for inability to open an eye.
Answered on May 26, 2013
Dr. Jay Bradley
17 years experience LASIK Surgery
Eye doctor: Go see an eye doctor. It is an eye problem, so see an eye doctor.
Answered on May 28, 2013