A male asked:

can the brazilian butt lift surgery help eliminate fat from my waist? i understand that in the brazilian butt lift, fat from my abdomen is injected into my butt. can i have as much fat removed from my abdomen as i want?

Dr. Adam Rubinstein
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Th : Th brazilian butt lift is a two part operation where the fat is removed from areas of your body where there is excess and it is placed into the buttocks to make them fuller and rounder. You can have fat removed from any areas that you have some excess. It is typical to have liposuction of the tummy, hips and flanks as part of that operation.I hope this info helps! best regards, adam j rubinstein, md, facshttp://www.Dr-rubinstein.Com [http://www.Dr-rubinstein.Com]305-792-7575past chief, section of plastic surgery jackson north medical centeractive member, american society of plastic surgeonsactive member, american society for aesthetic plastic surgeryactive member, international society of aesthetic plastic surgeryfounding member, american society of bariatric plastic surgeonsactive member, american academy of anti-aging medicineconfidentiality notice: the information contained in this electronic message may be privileged and confidential, and may or may not contain sensitive and personal information, including identifiable health information, the confidentiality of which may be protected by federal and state law and is only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named on address line(s)above. This electronic message in no way substitutes for medical or cosmetic advice. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited, and the reader is requested to notify dr. Rubinstein at 305-792-7575 or [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] immediately and to delete the information. We assume no responsibility for consequences resulting from the information contained in this email.
Dr. Dennis Dass
Plastic Surgery 14 years experience
Yes you can: Fat is nearly always harvested from the midsection and waitst during a brazilian butt lift in order to achieve a nice result. In most states, the maximum amount of fat that can be safely removed in one day is 5 liters. http://www.dassmd.com/brazilian-butt-lift/index.html.
Dr. Larry Nichter
Cosmetic Surgery 36 years experience
BBL improves waist: Bbl fat removal a brazilian butt lift involves harvesting fat from an unwanted area and then preparing it for transfer where it is injected into the buttocks as a living transplant. The area where fat is removed all depends on where you want less fat, within reasonable limits of course. I would recommend that you consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to see what your best options are.
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Plastic Surgery 20 years experience
Yes!: Bbl or brazilian butt lift is a procedure consisting of liposuction and fat injections to the buttocks to enhance the contour and projection.
Dr. Mark Johnson
Aesthetic Medicine 26 years experience
Contouring the waist is as much a part of a good Brazilian butt lift as is the transfer of fat itself. It needs to be a harmonious, natural transition designed to make the entire wist/butt/thighs more appealing.
Nov 11, 2013
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Plastic Surgery 41 years experience
Yes, and No: Yes, a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure eliminates fat from other places based on your desired outcomes and harvesting requirements, but no, you cannot have as much fast removed from your abdomen as you want. Taking too much fat can cause skin issues. Whenever I do the tummy area, I also recommend doing the love handles because the love handles is what makes your waist appear narrow.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017