can allergies make my eyelids swollen when i wake up in the mornings?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Dennis Diaz
37 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Yes: Allergy to dust mite which is present in your mattress and pillows can be the culprit behind allergic eye swelling when you wake up in the morning. Placing allergy covers over your pillows and mattresses will help.
Answered on Jun 24, 2015
2
Dr. David Astrachan
36 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Yes: Yes, allergies can certainly cause swelling especially if you are allergic to dust in your bedroom.
Answered on Oct 22, 2012
2
2 comments
Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Robert Knox commented
Anything that causes stuffy nose may also make your eyes swell in the morning. Allergies and being overweight are two common causes.
Mar 4, 2012
Dr. Kristen Stuppy
24 years experience Pediatrics
During pollen season I shower before bed if I spend much time outside. This decreases the pollen in my hair and on my eyelashes, which helps. I'm also a fan of nasal rinses, which gets the pollen out of your nose.
Jan 17, 2012