Middlefield, CT

My 9 month old son has a cold .he had a fever at first and now the past few days has a horrible runny nose and cough. should i take him to the doctors?

Dr. Abby Caplin
Integrative Medicine 40 years experience
Call the doctor: I'm so sorry your son is sick. You need to call his pediatrician to bring her/him up to date on what is happening, and do what is recommended. I hope he feels better soon!
Dr. Michael Rothman
Not Necessarily: Fever is your body's attempt to defend itself against an immune system attack. As long as your child is eating, making urine, looking well and carrying on his normal functions do not worry. On the other hand, if he is lethargic, vomiting, not eating this is the time to bring him to the er see less.

Last updated Oct 2, 2016