what could be causing me to wake up with sore heels?

Dr. Joseph Newman
Podiatry 32 years experience
Plantar fasciitis: Plantar fasciitis, or arch ligament strain is a common cause of heel pain in the bottom of the heel and/or arch. Achilles tendonitis or bursitis can cause pain in the back of the heel. See a podiatrist to help diagnose and treat your heel pain.
Dr. Libby Putnam
Podiatry 12 years experience
Plantar fasciitis.: The most common cause of heel pain is plantar fasciitis: an inflammation of a thick band of tissue that helps hold up the arch of your foot. It attaches to your heel bone, and is usually the most painful for the first few steps in the morning, or after sitting a long time and then standing quickly.