How long should i wait after getting wisdom teeth removed to smoke cigarettes again?

Dr. Michael Sparacino
Forever: Now'a the time to kick the habit for good!
Dr. Ryan Woodman
Specializes in Dentistry
Longer the better: While i would love to see you quit, i know it's not that easy! the longer you can hold out, the better you will heal. If you had stitches in your arm, you wouldn't blow smoke in them, right? I recommend at least 2-3 days. More, if possible for the bloodclot to mature and seal the wound. Best of luck!
Dr. Stan Shih
Dentistry 18 years experience
A week: Once closure and secondary healing (soft-tissue growth covering the bone) has occurred, there is less risk that smoking will noticeably affect your healing progress. If the socket is still exposed (during the first few days post-op), smoking could possible affect the blood clot and/or irritate the bone potentially causing noticeable pain.