Tampa, FL

I have had eczema all my life and allergies and was diagnosed recently w asthma my doctor said all 3 r related how is asthma related to eczema?

Dr. Joseph Bouvier
See below: They are all hypersensitivity reactions in your body to different area: asthma - lungs, allergies - mucosal membranes, and eczema - skin. There are theories as to why this occurs but due to the complexity of the answer, talk to your doctor about this.
Dr. Lee Perry
Allergy and Immunology 17 years experience
Allergic disease: Eczema, allergic rhinitis and asthma are all considered atopic diseases, or allergic in nature. Patients with one of these have a higher risk of developing one of the other conditions.

Last updated Mar 18, 2019