Mesa, AZ

I am now using estrace (estradiol) 0.01% cream prescribed by my doctor. i use it once a week as he directed. it does not to seem to take care of the itching ?

Dr. Miguel Cano
Give it time: Your doc is trying to eliminate estrogen deficiency as the reason for the itching. Keep using it as directed & if no improvement is seen after 2 weeks, call for further evaluation. It's possible to have other conditions causing your symptoms (lichen sclerosis, yeast, dysplasia, inflammation, etc). Take care & don't forget to go back for follow-up.

Last updated Dec 9, 2013