New Orleans, LA

can carpal /cubital tunnel syndrome be the result of cervical spine problem? had c/4-5 & erred c/6-7 fusion in 2004. c/5-6 not corrected per doc adv.

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 40 years experience
No they are : Nerve compression issues in the arm but these may be more symptomatic if there is also nerve compression of the nerve origins in the neck and this is then referred to as a double crush syndrome as if someone was stepping on a hose in two separate places affecting water flow and one area may or may not be more compressed than the other. An emg/nvc can help identify this.
Dr. Behnam Myers
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 20 years experience
Yes: Yes. You may have "double crush phenomenon".