U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old member asked:

Is is possible to get a better blood sugar monitor case?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 24 years experience
Sure: You do not have to use the one that comes with the unit. Any compact, purse, pouch, whatever that will hold all the necessary equipment and supplies and provide them some basic protection (from dropping/squishing), should work fine.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 34-year-old member asked:

Where can I get a free blood sugar monitor?

3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Susan Wingo
Endocrinology 33 years experience
Check w/ your doctor: Sometimes, meter companies give meters to doctors' offices or pharmacies, knowing that once you have a particular meter, you're likely to buy strips for that meter for a long time. Check w/ your doc or pharmacy. Other companies off rebates after you pay for a meter for the same reason. Most meters, though, can be bought for $20-25.

Related questions

A 45-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 33-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jan 15, 2013

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.