is it bad to breast feed my 20 days old baby boy when i am feeling sad? i ve lost my best friend and can't stop crying.

3 doctor answers
Dr. Bryan Levey
26 years experience Pediatrics
No it's not bad: The bigger concern is that you might be experiencing post partum depression. You've had a tragedy, and if you were prone to depression then losing your friend will make it worse. In order for you to take good care of your baby, you need to take care of your self. Please see your doctor about this. Get help. Good luck.
Answered on Nov 18, 2012
2
Dr. Miroslava Fox
14 years experience Clinical Psychology
See below: Im sorry for your loss. Things that might be overlapping with each other-- being a new mom and the loss of a friend. Both of them are stressful. You can still nurse the baby when you're sad. The major issue is -- you being sad and if it's turning into post-partum depression. Call your doctor to get a referral to be evaluated to start treatment to improve your quality of life and baby's.
Answered on Jun 23, 2014
3
Dr. Devin Namaky
13 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Talk to your doc. : Let your doctor know how you are feeling. You may be experiencing grief or even depression. Your doctor can help you and may check for other contributing factors if needed, such as anemia or thyroid dysfunction, both of which are common in the postpartum period. And most importantly, if you feel like hurting yourself or others then please seek help immediately.
Answered on Apr 19, 2013
3