are there supplements that are helpful for hip pain?

Dr. Brian Sabb
Sports Medicine 25 years experience
It depends: Hi, really you need to know what your hip pain is from before considering what supplements will treat pain. However, I am going to generalize and let's consider one of the most common causes of hip pain...Osteoarthritis. Oa is usually seen in middle and old age, I do not know your age. Supplements to consider include: chondroitin, glucosamine, msm, turmeric, and ginger. None of these are proved.
Dr. Craig Morton
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 18 years experience
See below: There are many causes of hip pain. Pain can be in the front, side, or back of the hip. A few of the more common causes are arthritis, bursitis, and tendonopathy. A good topical analgesic for bursitis and tendonitis can be found at www.aculeve.com

Last updated Nov 28, 2017