Is it okay to eat hard food after your tooth decay is plastered?

Dr. Simon Rosenberg
Dentistry 46 years experience
Plastered=Teporary?: If you mean that a temporary filling was placed after decay was removed and/or root canal treatment was started then you can eat carefully 1-2 hours later when the "plaster" has hardened. Be care to avoid sticky and hard foods that may crack or abrade the filling.
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dentistry 30 years experience
If it's comfortable: I assume by "plastered" you mean that a cavity in your tooth has been restored by a dentist. If that's the case, there are usually no eating restrictions unless 1) the tooth is still sore and uncomfortable, and/or 2) the dental restoration is "temporary" in nature. However, if the "filling" you received is the final one, go ahead and eat whatever you want as long as it isn't uncomfortable.
Dr. Thomas Stelmach
Cosmetic Dentistry 39 years experience
Plastered?: I'm assuming that your teeth have been filled. If the filling material is tooth colored you can go ahead and eat anything as soon as the anesthetic wears off. If the filling material is silver in color you should wait a day.